Call for Expression of Interest for the ECW Palestine MYRP
UNICEF is seeking proposals from Civil Society Organizations (CSO) and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) for the Education Cannot Wait (ECW) Palestine MYRP entitled “Access to Inclusive Quality and Safe Education Opportunities for Conflict-affected Children and Youth in the West Bank and Gaza”, which has been approved for funding from ECW, a first global fund to prioritize education in humanitarian action (http://www.educationcannotwait.org/). UNICEF is one of the recipients of the ECW funding and is seeking CSO to implement the UNICEF component of the ECW. The funds will be administered from UNICEF to partners using UNICEF's financial systems, and applicable rules and regulations, including those relating to procurement as well as the selection and assessment of Implementing Partners.
Proposals should demonstrate the CSOs and NGOS capacity and the program’s plan to contribute to activities of the overall proposal. Detailed reporting on project activities, including disaggregation by school level, gender and age will be required, in line with UNICEF rules and regulations. Proposals must be for a total of 11 months and demonstrate efficiency and effectiveness. Proposals must have the following timeframe:
This call for proposals focuses on the following two outcomes:
- Improved access to and continuity of inclusive, equitable and gender responsive education and learning opportunities for girls and boys (4-17)
- Improved quality and relevance of education for girls and boys (6-17 years old) in a safe and protective environment
The maximum value of the portion of the project budget paid by UNICEF is as follows:
Output 1.1: $160,000: K-12 girls and boys and teachers are able to safely and consistently access
Output 2.1: $100,000: Teachers are equipped with the knowledge and skills to deliver inclusive education
and quality student-centred life skills and citizenship education.
Output 2.2: $200,000: Build resilience of adolescents through LSCE with a focus on entrepreneurial skills
using innovative approach as a way to mainstream LSCE in formal and non-formal settings targeting adolescents including those at risk of dropping out or already out of school.
Eligible CSOs and NGOS are invited to submit proposals for partnership to support achievement of results for children outlined in the MYRP summarized in section 1.3 below. CSOs and NGOs that wish to participate in this Call for Expression of Interest are requested to review the Expression of interest at : https://www.unicef.org/sop/tenders and send their submission clearly marked “CSO Call for Expression of Interest for the ECW Palestine MYRP in sealed envelope by hand to the following office address:
UNICEF State of Palestine
13 Faydi El-Alami Street,Beti Hania
East Jerusalem- Palestine
Deadline for submission: 15:00 local time, 13 November, 2019
Applications must be submitted in English language.
Any requests for additional information should be addressed in writing by 07 November, 2019at the latest to [email protected]. UNICEF responses to any queries or clarification requests will be made available to all the applicants before the deadline for submission of applications.
- Applications will be assessed by an evaluation committee to identify CSOs and NGOs based on the criteria outlined in section 3 of EOI.
- Participation to this Call for Expression of Interest does not guarantee the CSO will be ultimately selected. CSO will be invited to review and finalize partnership agreements in accordance with criteria outlined in section 3.4 below and applicable policy and procedures on partnership with CSOs.
- Applicant CSOs will be informed of the outcome of their submissions by communication sent out to the email/ postal address that is indicated in the CSO submission.