Baseline Research Study
REQUEST FOR CONSULTANCY
Baseline Research Study
ActionAid Palestine is implementing a 3-year, women’s empowerment project entitled Valiance – Basala, in Hebron H2area. This project is part of the Australian NGOs Cooperation Programme and is funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade through ActionAid Australia. The project aims to empower women by providing them opportunities to improve their socio-economic status and take actions that will lead to positive change within their households and communities.
ActionAid is seeking to contract an expert in the field of research, assessment and evaluation to conduct a Baseline Research Study for the aforementioned project.
The rationale for this consultancy is to undertake a baseline study in the targeted project locations in Hebron H2; the baseline Research Study will form the basis for the project performance, as milestone that will be assessed in the final evaluation. Therefore, it’s vital to consider the impact of the empowerment process that employs ActionAid’s HRBA.
- DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The baseline Research Study shall be conducted between Nov 27, 2019 to Dec 12, 2019. Specific level of effort for the consultant will be based on the agreed workplan that will be finalized with the contract.
QUALIFICATIONS OF CONSULTANT
- Demonstrated experience in baseline study design, including selecting methodology appropriate for the project’s-specific factors, sampling, applying a mixed methods approach, developing/revising participatory data collection tools, developing data quality protocols and training enumerators
- Demonstrated 5 years’ experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Knowledge and experience with youth development and/or life-skill development programs
- Knowledge and experience developing and/or using participatory research tools that support engagement of youth in the research process is highly preferred
- Research experience with knowledge mobilization in collaboration with community
- Fluency in English and Arabic is mandatory
Consultants/firms that meet the requirements should submit expression of interest, which should include the following:
- Cover letter including the consultant’s/firm’s suitability for the assignment and current contact information
- Include 1-2 samples of previous similar work
- Technical offer; detailed response to TOR, with specific focus addressing the purpose and objectives of the assignment, methodology to be used and key selection criteria (max. 5 pages)
- Financial offer; detailed budget breakdown based on expected daily rates and initial work plan
- Initial draft of the proposed work plan
Prerequisites for accepting Financial offers:
- Prices are inclusive of value added tax for establishments officially registered with the Ministry of Finance; while for individuals and non-profit institutions, the offered prices will be subject to a 5% deduction for income tax.
- Applicants must submit a reduction from source certificate along with the offer.
- Prices are to be submitted in NIS and are valid for 30 days starting from the applications’ closing date.
- The quotation must be detailed and based on the work mechanism proposed by the consultant.
All offers must be delivered in closed and sealed envelope no later than Thursday, Nov 21st, 2019 at 14:00 pm to the address of ActionAid office in Hebron, Al Salam Street, behind Taj Mahal Hall.
ActionAid Palestine is keen to provide equal opportunities for all. The consultants will be selected according to the above qualifications, and only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested applicant can obtain the Baseline Research Study Term of Reference by contacting the ANCP Programme Coordinator on 13th, 16th and 18th of November from 8:00-16:00 through the following details: Mobile: 0597917796. e mail at [email protected]