Baseline Research Study
REQUEST FOR CONSULTANCY
Baseline Research Study
ActionAid Palestine started a 4-year Civil Society Program aiming for Palestinian youth, particularly young women, enhanced their influence over democratic decision-making spaces and are able to realize their rights in line with International Human rights Law. The Programme is funded by Danida and is implemented in partnership with the Alternative information center, Masarat (Palestinian Centre for Policy Research and Strategic Studies) and 7amleh (The Arab Center for the Advancement of Social Media).
ActionAid is seeking to contract an expert in the field of research, assessment and evaluation to conduct a Baseline Research Study for the aforementioned Programme.
SCOPE OF WORK:
This study is to be conducted within the sampling target area of 12 communities in Hebron and Bethlehem. The study shall be conducted in forms of survey, key informant interview and focus group discussions if needed. The information will be collected, analyzed and the report in English will be shared with partners and ActionAid Palestine for consultation before it is finalized.
The consultant is expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Conduct a preliminary meeting with AAP and agree on the assignment framework.
- Design baseline data collection tools to be used for the baseline as per the agreed methodology.
- Conduct field research with 12 youth groups from Hebron and Bethlehem in addition to meeting with municipalities, youth councils and other actors involved in the CIV Programme.
- Develop a comprehensive first draft baseline research report based on the findings according to format agreements upon with ActionAid.
- Submit a final report of the baseline research study providing quantitative and qualitative results with recommendations.
- Conduct a desk review of the program design document, log frame and other background materials including secondary data.
- Identify the baseline indicators and assumptions from the Programme critical pathways and/or any other relevant M&E planning tools.
- Preparing an inception report outlining the approach/methodology to be employed in executing the assignment and a detailed plan for the baseline with:
- Timeline/schedule of activities
- Sampling requirements and framework (determine sample size for intervention and comparison areas)
- Detailed methodology of how to collect, triangulate and summarize the primary and secondary data of both quantitative and qualitative.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The baseline survey will be conducted between June 25, 2018 to July 26, 2018. Specific level of effort for the consultant will be based on the agreed workplan that will be finalized with the contract.
QUALIFICATIONS OF CONSULTANT
- Demonstrated experience in baseline study design, including selecting methodology appropriate for the project’s-specific factors, sampling, applying a mixed methods approach, developing/revising participatory data collection tools, developing data quality protocols and training enumerators
- Demonstrated 5 years’ experience in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Knowledge and experience with youth development and/or life-skill development programs
- Knowledge and experience developing and/or using participatory research tools that support engagement of youth in the research process is highly preferred
- Research experience with knowledge mobilization in collaboration with community
- Fluency in English and Arabic is mandatory
Consultants/firms that meet the requirements should submit expression of interest, which should include the following:
- Cover letter including the consultant’s/firm’s suitability for the assignment and current contact information
- Include 1-2 samples of previous similar work
- Technical offer; detailed response to TOR, with specific focus addressing the purpose and objectives of the assignment, methodology to be used and key selection criteria (max. 5 pages)
- Financial offer; detailed budget breakdown based on expected daily rates and initial work plan
- Initial draft of the proposed work plan
Prerequisites for accepting Financial offers:
- Prices are inclusive of value added tax for establishments officially registered with the Ministry of Finance; while for individuals and non-profit institutions, the offered prices will be subject to a 5% deduction for income tax.
- Applicants must submit a reduction from source certificate along with the offer.
- Prices are to be submitted in NIS and are valid for 30 days starting from the applications’ closing date.
- The quotation must be detailed and based on the work mechanism proposed by the consultant.
All offers must be delivered in closed and sealed envelope no later than Monday, June 11th, 2018 at 14:00 pm to the address of ActionAid office in Hebron, Al Salam Street, behind Taj Mahal Hall.
ActionAid Palestine is keen to provide equal opportunities for all. The consultants will be selected according to the above qualifications, and only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested applicant can obtain the Baseline Research Study Term of Reference by contacting the CIV Programme Coordinator on 0598988665 or send an e mail at [email protected]