Advocacy, Community Mobilization and Inclusive Leadership
Terms of Reference (TOR)
“Advocacy, Community Mobilization and Inclusive Leadership”
Feminist Power in Action for Women’s Economic Rights
Established in 1981, Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) is a non-governmental women’s, developmental, and learning human rights organization that contributes to developing feminist struggle within national, social, and developmental dimensions. The organization believes that liberating women is connected directly with ending the occupation and establishing a full Palestinian democratic sovereign civil state. PWWSD is active all-over West Bank including East Jerusalem, and the Gaza Strip, and is an active member in several local, regional, and global networks and coalitions.
Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) aims for a free and democratic Palestinian society based on gender equality, respect for human rights and social justice. The organization promotes women’s empowerment, women’s participation in the national struggle against the occupation, women’s contribution to the development processes, the entitlement of women to political, economic, and civic rights, women’s access to justice and their right to a life free of violence.
2.About the project:
The Programme MENA Feminist Power in Action for Women’s Economic Rights (Fem PAWER) will strengthen young women who face multiple discrimination and economic gender-based violence (E/GBV) in the MENA specific countries (Jordan, Lebanon, Palestine and Tunisia) to be the leader for change by holding duty bearers accountable towards Women Economic Rights (WER) and improve conditions for young women in the informal economic sector.
FEM PAWER is partially capacity development Program in lobby and advocacy (in the field of economic gender-based violence and WER), targeting WRO’s and young women in 4 MENA countries, (Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon and Tunisia) aiming at improving the gender responsive accountability mechanisms of duty bearers. The Program is engaged into inclusive collaboration including providing small grants to partner organizations (POs), capacity development, networking and creating coalitions opportunities and lobby and advocacy related actions. The inclusive partnerships are the backbone of the Program and is intended to be applied also among POs, across PO lobby and advocacy work, as well at Consortium level. A total of 11 POs have been supplied with sub-grants in Palestine
- Purpose of Assignment:
PWWSD is soliciting an experienced consultant/s (organizations or firms) for conducting a capacity building for the targeted POs ,and young women (WRO) on advocacy campaigns promoting gender equality, women’s economic rights, community mobilization and inclusive leadership. (Three days workshop)
Train the Partner organizations (11 organizations) and young women groups in the subjects of advocacy, community mobilization and inclusive leadership with the overall aim of strengthening their knowledge and technical capacities in the field of advocacy as well as designing and executing more engendered and inclusive evidence-based advocacy campaigns.
- Consultant/s Tasks:
- Coordinating and meeting with PWWSD project team for more elaboration on the targeted POs and young women and their statues, the selected consultant will be provided with the assessment’s reports which PWWSD conducted for the POs under FEM PAWER project.
- Develop a clear training plan including Methodology and detailed training program/agenda
- Send the pre-and post-assessment forms for PWWSD to review, prior the training.
- Conduct the training as agreed upon by PWWSD and the POs
- Conduct pre and post assessment of the trainees
- Provide PWWSD with report about the training within one week after the training in English Language with Arabic summary.
- The report should include an introduction, training methodology and the training subjects covered, training results, pre and post assessment analysis/ findings and recommendations.
- Provide PWWSD with final training materials within one week after the training.
- At Least Master Degree in law, human rights, media and communication, social studies, developmental studies or related field
- Proven and documented experience for more than5 years in developing and conducting training in: advocacy, community mobilization, inclusive learning and leadership, including lead of advocacy campaign in gender and women economic rights.
- Proven and documented experience in developing and designing training manuals, guides and curriculums in advocacy and community mobilization.
- Flexibility to work with trainees with variety in levels of knowledge
- Working Plan including the methodology and time frame in Arabic and English
- Training Report in English with summary in Arabic
- Training materials in Arabic Language
Additionally, the consultant/s should provide evaluation report including pre and post assessment and analysis, in English and Arabic
Implementation time frame:
conduct the training between 5-14/12, 2022.
- Technical evaluation (70%): (Methodology and the training outlines (30%,) Experience in the field of Advocacy including lead evidence-based advocacy campaigns, community mobilization and inclusive leadership (capacity building) (40%).
- Financial Offer (should include break down budget): (30%):
5% will be deducted as income tax in case no resource of deduction is provided
8.How to apply:
Interested consultant(s) are required to submit a technical offer, CV, and a financial offer in EURO including VAT, to PWWSD through email [email protected], the submission deadline is November 28, 2022 by 14:00 pm