عرض سعر لدراسة - Mapping and Baseline Study
Section I: Introduction and Submission
The Basma Society for Culture and Arts, hereafter known as Basma was established in 1991 and was registered in 2006 at the Ministry of Interior under No. 7591 as a charitable organization. Basma is a Palestinian non-profit organization in an aim to reinvigorate the Palestinian cultural movement through providing quality interactive arts and cultural, psychosocial support and skills development activities to Palestinian children, youth, and women including persons with disabilities.
It began functioning as a theater organization that focused on using theater as an effective medium of educating people and particularly children in different topics and on highlighting social problems facing people. Through using its Mobile theater, BSCA reached hundreds of thousands of children in hundreds of schools and CBOs in all of Gaza Strip.
Basma is seeking technical and financial offers for conducting mapping and baseline survey under the project “Raising Awareness and Building the Political Capacity of Youth in the Gaza Strip” in Gaza Strip. To enable Bidders to submit Quotes, please find below the requirements and instructions:
Submission of Offers and Offer Deadline
Interested companies should submit the bidding proposal containing the following:
Description of the company applying
Past performance in similar areas with at least 2 references.
A technical proposal: The proposal shall reflect the qualitative and quantitative methodology, tools and action plan in detail.
A financial proposal shall describe the estimated cost for the assessment in detail. The financial proposal should break down the cost of the various items. Prices should be in USD and must be valid 90 days after the submission date.
Bidders are responsible for ensuring that their offers are received in accordance with the instructions stated herein. Basma cannot guarantee that late offers will be considered.
Applications will only be accepted from companies. Basma encourages individuals to apply to this offer.
Bidders who interface with Basma must be fluent in both Arabic and English.
Basma reserves the right to reject all bids and to decide not to pursue this procurement. Basma is not obliged to procure the lowest price offer when the lowest price does not offer the best overall value, all other factors considered.
Please submit your complete offer to [email protected] no later than Wednesday, April 30, 2018.
Section II. Requirements
Mapping and Baseline Study Objectives:
The mapping and baseline study will focus on assessing and mapping of the youth groups who are actors for youth movement and mobilization. It will focus on to having a comprehensive vision on active youth groups in the Gaza Strip. Through this study, we want to look at their problems, their capability to represent youth to reflect challenges
Scope of work:
These two studies are to be conducted within the sampling target areas of the Gaza strip. It shall be conducted in forms of survey, key informant interview and focus group discussions if needed. The information will be collected, analyzed and the report in English and Arabic will be shared to Basma for consultation before it is finalized.
Responsibilities of Consultants
The consultant team will be primarily responsible for:
- Identify youth groups/gatherings and local actors who can influence youth movement in Gaza Strip to achieve democracy and just distribution of power and resources.
- Identify the reality of youth groups, their origin, their legality, their associate members, the periodicity of their election, their partnerships, etc.
- Assess the capability of youth groups on influencing the local community and on uniting a political position among all of them.
- Identify the most important problems of young people that cause their reluctance to participate in political life and elections.
- Provide us with references of data and information gathered.
Duration and Timeline
The study shall be expected to complete within 20 days.
The consultant firm/team is expected to submit the detailed plan within 3 days after signing the contract with Basma. (Can be revised after discussion with the selected Consultant firm)
The consultant shall provide the following:
- Draft a report, before May 20, 2018.
- Final a Report, by May 25, 2018.
- All information and database (raw and analyzed) on CD.
Summary of Deliverables:
The following deliverables are requested:
- A cover letter of no more than 1 page, introducing the consultant and how the skills and competencies described above are met, with concrete examples as appropriate
- A short description of the methodology proposed to achieve the deliverables, including activities and method to secure the quality of the information gathered.
- A max 1-page budget (or a clear, total daily fee) covering all major anticipated costs.
- A CV/Resume detailing relevant skills and experience of no more than 3 pages, including contactable referees
- One short example of a relevant writing/ sample of work
The final mapping and baseline report should basically include the following points:
- Executive Summary
- Data analysis
- Conclusion and recommendations
Researcher Competencies, Experience and Skill requirements
- Experience in carrying out studies and survey including baseline studies, market study, assessment and development research.
- Have good knowledge about the youth context and the National development plans including youth. (please submit a copy of applicant CV).
Content of proposal
The Research firm/team shall submit a detailed proposal (in English and Arabic) for mapping and baseline study in one proposal. The proposal shall reflect the qualitative and quantitative methodology, tools and analysis plan in detail. The proposal shall be divided into two parts (i.e. technical and financial).
Financial part of the proposal shall describe the estimated cost for the mapping and baseline study in detail. The applicant shall provide a detailed budget in US dollars.
The applicants shall address questions to:
4th floor, Elshorouq Tower, Omar Mokhtar Street, Rimal, Gaza, Palestine.