Term of Reference
Specialist and Trainer in Business Development
Future Development Commission is a non-profit civil organization, that works in the North governance of the Gaza Strip. FDC was established in 2003 and works to develop the economic, social, educational, and health fields through participating in human resources development, achieving social justice and equality and equal opportunities using democratic, effective, and multiple tools.
About the Project
Empowering women led-business in the Gaza strip is implemented by Future Development Commission. This intervention is part of the TARABOT/Transformative Resilience Programme funded by the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) and the Finland Representative Office (FRO) through the United Nations Development Programme / Programme of Assistance to the Palestinian People (UNDP/PAPP).
The project will include two main activities; training and coaching for women who lead businesses and supporting women's businesses to develop their capacity to rise production. the project will develop women's substantial economy (women's cooperatives and women's privet sector), where At least 8 women led-businesses will be supported with equipment and tools. 20 women will be targeted directly by supporting their businesses in food processing. The project will take place in the most marginalized areas in the Gaza strip governorates; northern Gaza, Gaza, meddle area, Khan Younis, and Rafah. And The project will implement between Oct 15th, 2022 to July 30th, 2023 in different areas of the Gaza strip.
As a result, FDC intends to recruit for the following services:
- Business Development Specialist and Trainer.
- Type of Contract: Services providing contract.
- Duration of contract: 5 months (Nov 15th, 2022 – April 15th, 2023).
- Reports to the project coordinator.
This activity aims to empower women-owned businesses' skills and abilities to develop their own businesses through training and coaching in business development and assist them to prepare need assessment studies for each women's business.
- Improving women-led-business knowledge and skills in business development.
- Enhance the work environment in women's businesses to be able to absorb an extra number of worker women.
Deliverables Expected Outputs:
- Once the contract is agreed upon, the business development specialist/trainer will develop and share the inception report with a detailed work plan.
- Developing 9-12 feasibility studies with women-led businesses.
- Preparing Technical reports to illustrate and explain all development aspects of women's businesses that have been done and supported by FDC during the project duration.
- Conducting training for women-led-business on business development and feasibility studies (40 training hours).
- 100 days of caching with women led-business in actual business environments.
- Preparing and designing a business model for food processing.
- Develop (9-12) business development plans with women led-businesses.
- A report on 7-days training with pre- and post-evaluation and prepared training materials.
- Design and create a business model for food processing (manual food processing).
Duties and responsibilities
- Designing and implementing training on business development for women led-businesses.
- Assist the project coordinator in sit the selection criteria for beneficiaries.
- Assist the women-owned businesses to make need assessments for their own businesses.
- Conducting coaching activities for women led-businesses in the actual work environment.
- Providing consultation in economic empowerment and business development for FDC team.
- Assist women-owned businesses to develop; market Research, analyzing Business Processes, managing financial Information, and Customer Service.
- Preparing a food processing business model to guide the women-owned businesses in establishing their own businesses.
- Writing monthly progress reports.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Master's degree in business development or any other related field.
- At least 5 years of expectance as a business development specialist.
- Excellent communication skills.
- At least 300 training hours of experience in business development.
- Good knowledge of gender equality and safeguarding.
- At least 5 years of experience working with NGOs.
- Excellent English language skills (writing, speaking, listening, reading).
- Documented experience in women's businesses.
- Ability to conduct research and analyze data
- Ability to create business plans with actionable objectives
- Strong computer skills
- Networking skills to liaise with business partners and clients
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising strategies
- Sales experience
- Experience working in a start-up or with new business development
- Manufacturing experience
- A cover letter clearly stating how you meet the person's specifications and availability.
- CV with full contact details.
- Details of one character reference and two professional references.
- Both professional referees have to be someone you reported to or HR and one of your professional referees should be your current or most recent employer.
- Copies of or links to recent work on reports/research pieces
- Indication of fees (inclusive of VAT if applicable) and/or topline budget.
- All applications must be sent to FDC office on villa Al-klok, Al-Manshia Street, Bit Lahya, Northern Gaza, Palestine in sealed and signed paper envelop on Nov 13th, 2022 not lait than 2:00 pm.
Supervision and Reporting: