Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is implementing a Gender Analysis for the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in the West Bank and Gaza. MSI will provide USAID with a country-wide analysis of the gender roles, inequalities, issues and constraints including gender-based violence in West Bank-Gaza and make recommendations to for achieving greater gender equality and social inclusion results in USAID West Bank-Gaza programming.
**Please note: Only West Bank residents are eligible for this position.**
The Senior Researcher will report to and work under the direct supervision of the Team Leader and in collaboration with other research team members to conduct desk research as assigned. The selected candidate will be based out of the West Bank. The anticipated timeline for this assignment is July- December 2022.
- Contribute as applicable to the development of the inception report, to include final research design, work plan, timeline, list of key informants, and identification of key desk research sources.
- Conduct desk study research as assigned and produce a summary of essential points of each document or data source reviewed.
- Contribute to the examination of findings from the desk research and drafting of a succinct literature review in English in accordance with the review outline and research protocols.
- Contribute to the development or revision as needed to data collection instruments and protocols, including research protocols and questionnaires for semi-structured interview KIIs and FGDs.
- Schedule, organize and conduct interviews, focus group discussions and site observations as the senior team member in close collaboration with a junior researcher.
- Produce a summary of the main points and key findings from each interview, focus group discussion, site observation in English and compile summaries for examination by the research team under the Team Leader’s direction.
- Contribute to primary data collection evaluation to detect key findings, and recommendations, and to the drafting of the full analysis report in English, as assigned by the Team Leader in collaboration with other members of the research team.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelors’ degree in social science or related subject required; graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum eight years of experience serving as part of a research team to collect original data from interviews and focus groups, consolidating and synthesizing notes into main points.
- Experience in organizing and facilitating focus group discussions preferred.
- Experience in conducting a literature review focused on gender, rights and empowerment of women or other marginalized groups, social inclusion, or related subjects.
- Demonstrated ability to consolidate and synthesize data from literature and interview summaries, analyze key points and insights, write concise, coherent reports, produce, and deliver brief, pointed oral presentations of findings, respond to questions and comments, incorporate feedback.
- Experience working collaboratively as a member of a research team.
- Experience in mentoring junior researchers preferred.
- Knowledge and experience related to integration of gender perspectives into projects funded by USAID or other international donors preferred.
- Strong communication, presentation, and writing skills in Arabic, English preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and proficiency in English required, fluency in both languages preferred.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now-button below