Livelihoods Project Officer
Job Title: Livelihoods Project Officer
Reports To: Livelihoods Project Manager
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS has been present in Jerusalem, West Bank, and Gaza (JWBG) since 1961 and currently supports programs in the sectors of humanitarian relief, livelihoods, civil society strengthening, and social justice promotion through its field offices in Jerusalem, Gaza, and Bethlehem. For further information about CRS, please visit: www.crs.org.
Envision Gaza (EG) is implemented by CRS with funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to support families in Gaza become more resilient to everyday stresses and rebound more quickly from crises. EG helps communities build resilience and self-reliance through the expansion of employment opportunities and emergency assistance. EG will identify employment opportunities across a number of livelihoods modalities including Cash-for-Work (CFW) for unskilled or low-skilled workers, Cash-For-Internship and Cash-for-Apprenticeship (CFI/A) for skilled university or vocational graduates and small capital grants for business owners to rebuild or grow their businesses following crises.
The Livelihoods Project Officer (PO) will facilitate the achievement of project objectives, especially related to the EG Project. The PO will be responsible to provide technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s) on livelihoods activities. All activities will be completed under the supervision of the Project Manager (PM), in close coordination with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) PO, and local implementing partner(s). Strong leadership, coordination, and relationship management skills will ensure that the project applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact on those we serve.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned livelihoods activities through the project cycle – design, start-up, implementation and close-out – in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices. Provide technical support to partner and program teams on livelihoods activities including community outreach, participant and employer selection, placements, and measuring outcomes of the project activities.
- Train, manage, and lead livelihoods staff to achieve project objectives. Contribute to the recruitment process of project staff, and complete performance management for direct reports. Identify staff capacity building needs and ensure appropriate steps are taken to meet these needs and promote further professional development.
- Identify capacity building and technical assistance needs of local partners. Under the supervision of the Project Manager, coordinate capacity building and livelihoods technical support activities for partners to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per CRS, donor, and industry guidelines and standards. Monitor technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
- Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Collaborate with project team to prepare reports per established reporting schedule. Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements.
- Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Under the supervision of the Project Manager, and in coordination with the MEAL staff, ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle.
- Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
جميع الحقوق محفوظة لموقع جوبس.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Degree in International Relations, Non-profit Management, or a related field would be a plus.
- Minimum of four (4) years of NGO work experience, required.
- Demonstrated experience in livelihoods—especially emergency livelihoods—required; experience with youth and job placement programs, preferred.
- Knowledge of industry standards and best practices, required.
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Staff supervision experience strongly preferred.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience using MS Windows, MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and ICT4D systems (e.g. iForm, CommCare, PowerBI) a plus.
- Additional education may substitute for some experience.
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
Required/Desired Foreign Language: Strong written and oral English and Arabic required.
Travel Required: Travel in Gaza required regularly. Project or country level travel anticipated on occasion (10%) e.g. to Jerusalem.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Trusting Relationships
- Professional Growth
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Supervisory: Livelihoods Field Officers
Internal: Reports to the Livelihoods Project Manager. Coordination within the EG project team (including Chief of Party, MEAL staff, etc.) as well as other livelihoods and programming colleagues in Gaza and West Bank, and operations staff in the Country Program (e.g. Admin, ICT, Procurement, Finance, etc.).
External: Serves as a key point of contact on Livelihoods-related activities with project partner(s) in Gaza. Provides support for donor and Third-party monitor visits, as needed. Other key relationship include local implementing partners, community members, beneficiaries, peers from other NGOs, etc.
DISCLAIMERS: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics. CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or disability status.
Women, people with disabilities, and other underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply and to seek CRS support on the application process where additional accommodation is required.
المسمى الوظيفي Livelihoods Project Officer
آخر موعد للتقديم 02 - Aug - 2021
المكان قطاع غزة
نوع الوظيفة دوام كامل
المستوى المهني متوسط الخبرة
الدرجة العلمية البكالوريوس
الخبرة 4 Years
التصنيف مجالات متنوعة
Interested and qualified candidates can apply online through Apply Now - تقدم الآن لهذه الوظيفة
نصيحة من جوبس لحمايتك : عند التقدم لاية وظيفة عن طريق الانترنت، لا تقم بإعطاء معلومات بطاقة الأعتماد او أية معلومات بنكية / مالية لصاحب عمل.
آخر الوظائف المعلنة بواسطة Catholic Relief Services خدمات الاغاثة الكاثوليكية
Emergency Response Field Officer
Livelihoods Field Officer
Senior Project Officer
Psychosocial Field Officer
Regional Supply Chain Management
قطاع غزة, القدس, رام الله والب...
(MEAL) Project Officer
Family Engagement Specialist