SocialDice is venture-backed startup from Silicon Valley, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and International VCs and investor. SocialDice is an innovative online hiring solution, making hiring easy, smart and fun. We are located within three offices in the Middle East, and are growing fast, which is why we're always hiring talented young people that want to be part of the new MENA recruitment revolution.
Social Dice engineers develop next-generation technologies that change how organizations hire and interact with information. Our product handles a massive amount of raw data and creates meanings and insights with an intuitive and seamless experience. Our engineers bring fresh ideas and take on new challenges to keep pushing the technology forward.
We are looking for Data Scientist to join our growing team in Ramallah, Palestine. The successful candidate is expected to design and build large and complex data sets, lead research in AI and build machine learning models. The candidate is expected to analyze ambiguous requirements, work with cross-functional stakeholders and mentor team members.
- Build APIs to easily access and query data
- Design and build machine learning models and algorithms
- Recommend NLP-based tools for feature extraction from textual data
- Find the best ways to turn data into research reports and insights
- Build a SparkML based recommendation system on spark machines
- Master's or Doctorate Degree in the field Data Science and Analytics
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Hands on experience programming in Java
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures
- Experience with Big Data ML toolkits such as SparkML and AzureML
- Experience in Machine learning and statistics tools and techniques
- Experience in NLP and Text mining (named-entity recognition, sentiment analysis)
- Strong communication, self-organization, and leadership skills
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Experience setup up a Spark or Hadoop cluster on Cloudera or similar open-source BigData frameworks
- Experience in Python and Scala
- Familiarity with Azure cloud computing
Years of experience
This job requires from 2 to 7 years of experience.