SocialDice is venture-backed startup from Silicon Valley, Saudi Arabia, Jordan and International VCs and investor. SocialDice is an innovative online hiring solution, making hiring easy, smart and fun. We are located within three offices in the Middle East, and are growing fast, which is why we're always hiring talented young people that want to be part of the new MENA recruitment revolution.
Social Dice engineers develop next-generation technologies that change how organizations hire and interact with information. Our product handles a massive amount of raw data and creates meanings and insights with an intuitive and seamless experience. Our engineers bring fresh ideas and take on new challenges to keep pushing the technology forward.
We are looking for Data Engineer Level II to join our growing team in Ramallah, Palestine. The successful candidate is expected to code and drive architectural and design patterns for complex and large-scale AI system. The candidate is expected to analyze ambiguous requirements, work with cross-functional stakeholders and bring in consensuses among team members.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Work with the data scientist to implement key technology in text mining, transformation, and machine learning
- Perform design and code reviews of other engineers work, and provide coaching and mentorship
- Effectively communicate with fellow technologists and other stakeholders
- Work with customer support on analyzing customer issues and responding to escalations
- Bachelor's Degree, computer science or related field
- Master's Degree, computer science or related field is a plus
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Strong programming skills in Java within a Linux/Unix development environment
- Expertise in text mining and text extraction using NLP techniques
- Hand-on experience in machine learning
- Experience working with both Structured and Non-Structured data preferable
- Practical knowledge and demonstrated experience of statistical models and methods
- Strong communication, self-organization, and leadership skills
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Experience with Spark or Hadoop cluster on Cloudera or similar open-source Big Data frameworks
- Familiar with Web Services
- Familiar with Azure cloud computing
Years of experience
This job requires from 4 to 7 years of experience.