Institution: Gaza Community College for Tourism Studies (GCCTS)
Project Title: Developing Knowledge and Skills of Computer Technology Program Students to Meet the Needs of Labor Market (CTech)
Gaza Community College for Tourism Studies (GCCTS) has received a grant from the Quality Improvement Fund (QIF)- Education to Work Transition Project/Additional Financing - Ministry of Education and Higher Education and funded by the World Bank for the project entitled: "Developing Knowledge and Skills of Computer Technology Program Students to Meet the Needs of Labor Market". The project is implemented in partnership with Palestinian IT Association of Companies – PITA and GTC. Accordingly, GCCTS seeks the selection and employment of Technical English Trainer for Computer Technology Major to work as part of the training team responsible for developing the capacity of both students and the academic staff.
GCCTS is considering the recruitment of highly qualified Technical English trainer (TET) to be part of the training team which will cooperate in the implementation of some of the main project activities involving academic teaching and practical training of the students of the computer technology department. TET will be mainly responsible for developing the training materials associated with the new Technical English module, as well as implementing the training course to improve the capacity of students in English language field in response to the labor market needs.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
The successful TET candidate will be required to carry out the following tasks under direct supervision of the project manager:
- Development of the necessary theoretical and practical training materials and contents of the technical English Course based on the feedback from labor market assessment.
- Developing an action plan for conducting a 20-contact hour training. This includes the main the topics to be covered, and the types of evaluation methodologies used.
- Delivering a 20-contact hour TOT course to a group of 20 trainers (academic staff) in the field of technical English as well as helping them to utilize efficient teaching methodologies in the same field.
- Conducting 48-hours coaching and mentoring sessions (24 GCCTS+24GTC) that ensure successful delivery of all the required outcomes and skills mentioned in the syllabus of the course and grantees the professional training to the target group.
- Following all the academic guidelines of GCCTS with respect to attendance commitments, exam preparations and supervision.
- Participating in meetings and workshops related to the project activities.
- Performing other duties as may be assigned by the project manager concerning the training.
- Provision of detailed report of the implemented tasks and associated deliverables.
- At least a Master degree in English as a Second language or relevant fields of English literature, and teaching.
- At least five-years of relevant experience as a teacher/instructor in English as a Second Language.
- At least three-years working experience as a trainer in relevant fields.
- Ability to utilize different teaching/training methods to easily develop student skills in the field.
- Strong professional communication and inter-personal skills and able to transfer knowledge to students
- Good computer skills.
- An action Plan.
- A successfully delivered staff training course in computer interfacing consisting of 20 hours intensive training course (theoretical and practical ) to develop the skills and knowledge of the academic staff in technical English, as well as preparing all the staff evaluation tools as may be required by the developed curriculum of the course.
- Delivering of 48-hours coaching and mentoring sessions to ensure the successful delivery of the expected training skills to all the participant trainers.
- Detailed report including the implemented tasks, developed training material and associated deliverables (soft and hard copies). Approval on the submitted material from the college and project admin is a must.
Place of work:
The successful Technical English trainer will be working at GCCTS main site building in Gaza City and at GTC.
- The trainer will be working on an hourly-based manner following the required deliverables mentioned above within the time duration between Sept. 20, 2018 – Feb. 15, 2019 (during the first academic semester 2018/2019).
- The expected level of effort (LOE): 70-80 hours.
Contract Type: Lump Sum contract
Interested qualified applicants are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter via email to: [email protected]
Subject title: Technical English Trainer. no later than Tuesday. September 11, 2018.
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviewed