Spatial Data Entry Consultants
The General Directorate of Property Tax (GDPT) is the responsible Palestinian institution for assessing the financial values of properties (parcels and buildings) and taxing these properties according to their assessment. Due to huge quantities of spatial data that should be handled by GDPT in assessment, and taking into consideration that there is no formal institution which maintains and updates such spatial data for parcels and buildings at the national level, GDPT is currently looking forward to collect and update spatial data it is responsible for, in parallel with preparing a proper spatial data entry environment for capturing targeted parcels and buildings data.
Therefore, GDPT with support of the GIZ Local Governance Reform Programme (LGRP) is searching for 4 Spatial Data Entry Positions as Consultants.
Deadline for Applications: August 18, 2017
Duty Station: GDPT Office Ramallah
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Languages Required: Arabic, English
Starting Date: as soon as possible
Duration of Contract: 6 months, renewable based on availability of funds and performance
Tasks of the Candidate:
- Secure maps for targeted parcels from available sources (municipalities, local councils, village councils, …etc.).
- Arrange with GDPT officers to get any available non-spatial data related to valuation parcels.
- Arrange with GDPT IT Department to extract available non-spatial data for valuation parcels data from PTAX.
- Convert digital maps into features and storing it in GeoPTAX enterprise geodatabase.
- Scan hardcopy maps.
- Geo-reference scanned maps.
- Digitize land parcels from scanned maps.
- Enter attribute data for valuation parcels.
- Import building footprints available from different sources (PCBS, urban master plans, municipalities, etc.) to GeoPTAX enterprise geodatabase.
- Digitize building from available orthophotos.
- Arrange with GDPT officers to get any available non-spatial data related to valuation buildings.
- Enter attribute data for valuation buildings.
- Record day-to-day work progress and performance, and identify any problems and issues for possible solution.
- Assist GIS Supervisor in making necessary technical suggestions to solve identified problems and issues.
- Assist GIS Supervisor in preparing, examining and finalizing work procedures based on findings and results of pilot phase.
- Assist GIS Supervisor in conducting necessary training in GIS.
Profile of the Candidate:
- Minimum a Bachelor degree in engineering, geography, urban planning, any other related managerial sciences, or similar
- Experience with Desktop GIS
- Good command of spoken and written English and fluent in Arabic
- Experience with digitalization and geo-referencing is an asset
- High IT skills
- Good communication skills
We are looking forward to your application by email comprising your CV and cover letter until 18 August 2017, to the following address:
Kindly state in the email subject “Data Entry”. Any deficiency in the application will NOT be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.