Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children; we work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
Save the Children is seeking a qualified candidate to fulfill the following vacancy in its Gaza Office:
Position Ref.: SCI/ SE/1-2017
The Site Engineer is part of the project’s team to ensure the implementation of the project’s activities, according to the technical specifications as well as the project’s plan. The site engineer works under supervision of the Program Officer, and in close coordination with SC project team and the project’s partners. The Site Engineer will be based at Save the Children’s Gaza Field Office.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Key Area 1: IMPLEMENTATION , Monitoring and Site Field Activities supersite
- Oversight the Field Visits activities
- Laisse with partners and communities for the intended and designed activities related to rehabilitation of SPA, Water Tanks, and lighting systems installation among other emergency response activities
- Help identify specifications for the procured material
- Follow the implementation of activities in the field and follow the contractors’ work
- Works closely with the partners and communities at the field level.
- Ensure adequate filing and documentation for the entire project field activities (documents, records, daily visits).
- Work closely with Program Officer to ensure preparation of timely and high quality progress and final reports for external and internal use.
Bachelor degree in civil engineering.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering form accredited university.
- Minimum three years experience as a civil engineer and have been involved in construction and infrastructure projects.
- Good experience in preparing the bid documents, engineering designs, and price analysis.
- Demonstrated good experience in using computerized engineering programs
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, team oriented work style, interest and experience of working in multicultural environment.
- Flexible and willing to work long working hours.
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- The capacity and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in sometimes difficult working circumstances.
- Good command of English and Arabic language skills
Applications should be submitted to
no later than September 16, 2017; please make sure to mention the position ref. in the subject. The selection committee will review all applications as they are received. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not be considered.
Application package should include the following:
Cover letter with the applicant’s current contact information and position applying for in the subject.
Resume including Professional References (minimum of three, with complete contact information).
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. All applicants will also be subject to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and reference checking process.