Job title: Projects Coordinator
Application Deadline: 26th of December 2016
Languages required: English and Arabic
Duty Station: Gaza
The Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development (PWWSD) is a non-governmental organization working in occupied Palestine. PWWSD aims to build a free democratic Palestinian society based on gender equality, social justice, and respect for human rights. Since its establishment in 1981, PWWSD aims to enhance the nation’s resilience and strengthen, empower and mobilize women’s participation in addressing their human and national rights, both in public and private sphere.
PWWSD is seeking to hire a Projects Coordinator to oversee the implementation, evaluation and tracking the progress - in accordance with the project objectives.
- Project Planning Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project;
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project;
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all stakeholders involved in project activities; revise the schedule as required;
- Determine project objectives and outcomes measuring tools upon which the monitoring and evaluation process will be carried out;
- Design project activities in accordance with timeframe and budget.
- Project Implementation Implement project activities according to the action plan;
- Develop forms and records to document project activities as per PWWSD strategies and the donor’s requirement;
- Ensure all data and information related to project activities is properly documented and secured;
- Develop a communication plan to update the organization, donors, and stakeholders on the progress of the project;
- Maintain an outstanding quality level on a regular basis throughout all project's stages to meet the project's objectives.
- Build sustainable networks among stakeholders and partner organizations;
- Develop MEAL framework for project(s), including measurable indicators and relevant tools;
- Monitor the progress of the project against set indicators in a timely manner;
- Contribute to the periodic monitoring of the project learning reviews and ensure proper documentation;
- Document success stories and lessons learnt with the aim of highlighting progress achieved in the lives of the targeted groups;
- Prepare progress and annual reports to the Program Department and donors;
- Communicate with donors as outlined in funding agreements;
- Prepare payment requests and floats as needed;
- Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly);
- Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date;
- Work closely with the financial officer to prepare financial reports and supporting documentation for donors as outlined in funding agreements;
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality;
- Evaluate the outcomes of the project as defined during the planning phase
Qualifications and competences: :
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in project coordination; NGO is a must.
- University degree in social science, gender and development, or related fields ;
- Knowledge of gender, human rights, and gender equality;
- Experience in field coordination, monitoring and follow up;
- Experience in event management and coordination;
- Excellent report writing skills in both (Arabic and English ;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic;
- Experience in the usage of computers and Office Software packages (MS, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and social media;
- Good organizational skills;
The candidate should:
- demonstrate high standards and creativity as a team player and facilitate team work
- Adhere to strict deadlines and budgets
- Work with minimum supervision
- Identify problems and provides solutions.
Only candidates meeting the above qualification will be considered. To apply, please send your CV along with a cover letter to
no later than December 26th, 2016. Please include the job’s title "Projects Coordinator" in the email subject