The French Agency Of Development
Project Officer Banking/Private Sectors
The Agence Française de Développement is the operator for Frances bilateral development finance mechanism. It is a public entity with the status of specialized financial institution. AFD has been entrusted with a mandate by the French national authorities to contribute to economic and social development in its geographical areas of operation. It achieves this by financing and supporting development projects and programs, participating in the debate, research and dialogue with the relevant stakeholders. AFDs teams are based in Paris and Marseille and in a network of seventy agencies and representations in developing countries and the French overseas provinces. AFD Group comprises a private sector financing arm, PROPARCO
AFD carries out this mandate through its financing, risk analysis and hedging instruments, and expertise in training and capacity building, which it provides to both public and private stakeholders. In the poorest countries, primarily in Sub-Saharan Africa, AFD mainly operates through grants. In middle-income countries, it allocates soft loans and provides technical assistance, which strengthens the contracting authorities for the funded projects and develops cooperation on common challenges in these countries. In emerging countries, it allocates market-rate loans to finance projects that fight against climate change. In the French overseas provinces, it implements support, advisory and financing activities for local public and private stakeholders and promotes initiatives for cooperation and regional integration
In Palestine, AFD is focusing on the following 3 sectors: Water, Municipalities and private sector, clean energy being a cross-cutting issue.
Under the authority of the Country Director, the Program Officer is responsible for the follow up and development of AFD portfolio in both Banking/Private Sectors (see above).
ARIZ Guaranty Mechanism :
- Will be the contact person with ARIZ and the local banking partners.
- Preceding the analysis (front office) of ARIZ guaranty requests.
- Developing new ARIZ partnerships.
- Coordinating ARIZ financial & contractual follow up in liaison with the back office.
Private sector support Programs through the Palestinian Authority :
- Monitoring AFD grant portfolio in support of private sector development: CLUSTER (5M) and PUMP (5M) Propjets in liaison with HQ projects manager & local partners (Ministry of Economy, FCCPIA, PFI, Paltrade).
Non-sovereign loans :
- Developing & monitoring a non-sovereign portfolio (direct loans from AFD to private or public entities).
- Coordinating the non-sovereign portfolio financial and contractual follow up in liaison with the back office.
- Updating the risk analysis of AFD non-sovereign counterparts.
- Will be the local correspondent for PROPARCO.
Sectorial follow up:
- Ensuring the sectorial follow up in both banking & private sectors (evolution of regulations, national strategies).
- Establishing and pertaining contacts with key stakeholders: banks, companies, business organizations, ministries, others development financial institutions, etc
Civil Society :
- Ensuring NGO portfolio
- English: fluent English both speaking and writing.
- French: advance level is an asset /or good communications skills and ability to write and speak in French
- Arabic: fluent in both writing and speaking
- Master /Bachelor degree in Finance or equivalent field
- Good knowledge of the Palestinian private/banking sectors
- 5 years minimum of professional experience in the field of banking operations
Our offices are located in the French Consulate building
Sheikh Jarrah / Jerusalem
If you are interested, please send your detailed CV with a motivation letter before September 1st 2017
To the attention of : Mr. Nicolas GURY Acting Director