This is a re-advertisement. Candidates who applied previously for this post should not apply again.
Medical Aid for Palestinians MAP-UK, works for the health and dignity of Palestinians living
under occupation and as refugees. MAP is seeking to employ a skilled staff to work full time as a Programme Manager to be based at MAP’s Ramallah office.
Job Title : Programme Manager 100%
Location : Ramallah, West Bank
MAP Purpose : MAP works for the health and dignity of Palestinians living under occupation or as refugees
Job Scope : The purpose of the post is to develop and manage MAP’s portfolio of projects in the WB involving the development of new proposals and management, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of existing projects
Reporting To : Director of Programmes in West Bank (DoP – WB)
Key Internal Relationships : Director of Programmes in West Bank (DoP – WB); staff in West Bank Office, M&E coordinator in London, staff in fundraising and campaigns team in London
Key External Relationships : MAP’s partner organisations, ministry of health, MAP donors and visitors from the UK, other Health local and international NGOs
Contract type :Permanent, open-ended
Salary : $ 28,000-36,000 Annually depending on qualifications and experience
MAP is a Charitable Company Limited by Guarantee. Registered Number is 3038352 in England. Charity Registration No. 1045315
MAP delivers health and medical care to those worst affected by conflict, occupation and displacement. Working in partnership with local health providers and hospitals, MAP addresses a wide range of health issues and challenges faced by the Palestinian people. With offices located in Beirut, Ramallah, Jerusalem and Gaza City, MAP responds rapidly in times of crisis, and works directly with communities on longer term health development.
The purpose of the post is to develop and manage MAP’s portfolio of projects in the WB involving the development of new proposals and management, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of existing projects.
Specific Areas of Responsibility
- Carry out and support needs assessments conducted by the West Bank or by partners
- Support DoP and/or partners with the identification of goals, expected results, methodologies, activities, resources needed for MAP-funded projects and the preparation of logical frameworks
- In collaboration with MAP’s Finance Manager, contribute to preparing the documentation required for grant approval and disbursement of funds
Project management, monitoring and evaluation
- Monitor the implementation of all project activities within MAP’s WB -ortfolio
- Support partners with developing M&E systems and tools to track progress and assess impact of MAP-funded interventions
- Prepare and revise work plans and ensuring compliance with expected programme results and deadlines.
- Help in collecting and analysing program baseline data, in house and with partner organizations.
- Review partners’ proposals, work plans and narrative reports as well as monitoring and evaluation of activities.
- Conduct regular project visits, document feedback and share with partners
- Ensure regular narrative reporting by partners, according to agreed reporting schedules and in line with donor requirements if applicable; ensure diligent filing of project reports (hard and soft copies)
- Regularly report to DoP progress towards projects’ expected outputs and outcome; highlight areas where projects are underperforming and suggest corrective actions
- Contribute to periodic internal project reviews
- Prepare programme cooperation agreements, grant letters, service agreements, Terms of Reference, presentations, donor reports, etc
- Support partners in drafting terms of reference for consultants on specific activities in the project(s).
- Support partners in drafting terms of reference for procurement of goods and services activities in the project(s) when needed with the support of the finance officer.
- Monitor budget disbursements, budget allocations and expenditures for MAP’s portfolio of projects
- Support monitoring visits and project evaluations by DoP, other senior MAP staff, and external consultants
For projects in direct implementation:
- Contribute to developing M&E systems and tools to track progress and assess impact of projects managed directly by MAP
- Support DoP and project coordinator with reporting progress towards projects’ expected outputs and outcomes;
- Contribute to the identification of partners’ capacity development needs
- Facilitate and monitor capacity building activities conducted by external consultants
- Design and conduct capacity building activities in areas of expertise
- Contribute to the evaluation and documentation of capacity building activities
- Support MAP’s Fundraising and Communication teams with producing case studies and other information materials illustrating MAP’s work related to projects
- Support and facilitate visits by MAP’s HO staff, management, trustees, patrons and donors
- Represent MAP in interagency coordination meetings and forums as agreed with DoP
- Contribute to the formulation of strategic and operational plans for the West bank programme
- Advise on potential new partnerships, areas of intervention, and fundraising opportunities
- A postgraduate degree in public health, management, international development, or a related subject;
- At least 6 years’ work experience in development and humanitarian aid, preferably in a health-related context;
- Proven track record working collaboratively with civil society, communities, local NGO partners and Ministry officials;
- Experience in management of donor grants and project budgets;
- Experience of project management including project design, planning, monitoring and evaluation and reporting;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Arabic;
- Valid Driving license and prepared and able to travel frequently around the West Bank;
- Good understanding of and sensitivity to the regional/local context
- Experience in INGOs
- Capacity Building experience for partner NGOs
- Health related project management experience
How to apply:
The completed application form should be sent by email to:
Applications for this role close at 17:00 GMT on Wednesday 4th January 2017. Please write “Application – Programme Manager West Bank” in the email subject line. Do not attach CVs or any other documents. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Interviews are expected to take place in the week commencing Monday 16th January 2017.