Location :Europe & the Middle East - Jerusalem West Bank Gaza
Application Deadline Date :20-Oct-17
Category :Supply Chain
Type :Open-ended, Full-time
International Role :No - Only National applicants will be considered.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Procurement of materials, works and services to ensure required supply needs are satisfied at lowest total cost to World Vision and at the time required by the requester and of the quality identified on the order/contract. Appropriately and accurately perform and leverage market analysis to support Procurement decisions. Perform strategic sourcing activities as requested in line with the procurement and implementation plans and execute transactional order processing from request to pay. Identity suppliers for specific areas of spend through market research and intelligence
Execute the procurement process for designated areas of spend for categories under contract and not on contract for all areas of spend
Work with ADPs, areas, programs, projects and other departments to ensure clear specification of requirements.
Insure specifications in item catalogue are maintained and accurate
Receive purchase request from internal customers
Review purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy and identify sources of supply if needed.
Identify suppliers to fill requisitions in accordance with approved supplier management policies
Issue tenders and provide analysis of tenders to include technical recommendations for Procurement Committee
Generate Purchase Order from selected and approved suppliers
Use processes that ensure that contractual terms and conditions are met during order request and processing for the purchase of materials and services
Maintain good level of public relations with outside suppliers as well as strong partnership with internal users
Advise and seek approval of internal customers of modifications from original requests.
Facilitates across all parties the timely resolution of issues that could impact meeting the needs of the requestor and communities.
Consolidates all required documentation for presentation to Finance for timely supplier payment for materials and services delivered.
Coordinate and facilitate the timely fulfillment of the PO with ADPs, requesting departments, suppliers, and Logistics function ( if needed) to ensure appropriate receiving and order fulfillment
Identify alternative supply sources for materials / services not under contract
Work with Logistics to ensure safe delivery and receipt of ordered materials
Resolve conflicts with deliveries and suppliers
Support HUB Leader and NO SCM Lead in the planning and strategic sourcing initiatives for the NO
Conduct market assessments for specific categories of spend
Pre-qualification and vetting of suppliers for defined categories of spend
Quality reviews to insure technical compliance by suppliers
Manage day-to-day supplier relationship and performance for assigned commodities
Performance Measurement Execution, Analysis and Reporting
Track and analyze procurement performance and savings against established target levels (KPI’s and PO Savings tracking tool
Support SCM performance monthly to Hub Leader and NO Leadership
Support continuous improvement in Procurement through monitoring of Procurement Progress Reports and Procurement monthly tracking reports
Maintain and update critical NO procurement data (item master, supplier master
Ensure the submission on all suppliers for Block Party Screening to Hub Analyst
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- University degree in Business Administration, Social Science, Procurement or similar degree
- Professional Qualification preferred, partly CIPS qualified preferred
- At least 3 years’ experience in purchasing
- Good Supply Chain Management expertise
- Good skills in English
- Knowledge of the 7-Step Sourcing Process
- Negotiation experience
- Contract Management experience
- Basic knowledge of local legal positions for contracts
- Ability to analyse and report on Supply Chain Management and financial metrics
- Understanding and ability to perform of market analysis, supplier evaluation, total cost of ownership analysis, category strategy development & implementation
- Good communication skills
- Technical skills in computing and using standard software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Internet)
- Proven problem analysis and decision making skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Position is based in Jerusalem/West Bank
The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 5% of the time.
Select 3-4 priority core capabilities that are the most critical for this position.
- Achieving quality results & service.
- Practising accountability & integrity.
- Communicating information effectively.
- Learning for growth & development.
- Building collaborative relationships.