Procurement and Logistics Assistant
International Medical Corps is working to relieve the suffering of those impacted by war, natural disaster and disease by delivering vital health care services that focus on training, helping devastated populations return to self-reliance.
The USAID Gaza 2020: Health Matters project is designed to improve emergency preparedness and response (EPR), and to improve access and availability of quality primary and secondary health care by building the capacity of NGOs and community-based organizations (CBO) in Gaza and the West Bank. International Medical Corps (IMC) and its partners, Cooperative for Assistance and Relief Everywhere, Inc. (CARE), Juzoor for Health and Social Development (Juzoor), and Mercy Corps, (the Consortium) bring together various components necessary to create a holistic system that is gender sensitive and responsive to crisis and to the needs of residents of Gaza and West Bank, including vulnerable populations.
International Medical corps is currently looking for Procurement and Logistics Assistant:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/SCOPE OF WORK: (Essential functions, quality/quantity expected and list of marginal duties).
Scope of Work:
- Assist the Procurement and Logistics Department in planning and executing tenders and purchase orders.
- Collect bids and contact suppliers.
- Arrange the delivery of goods and ensure clearance through customs.
- Assist the program teams in organizing program events and conferences.
- Provide logistical support to program in compliance with IMC’s standard logistics procedures.
- Maintain an updated market survey for goods and services that IMC procured continuously to ensure the availability in the local market, sufficient specifications and prices trends.
- Maintain and update monthly IMC Gaza assets and inventory list.
- Maintain and update Warehouse stock card and bin card.
- Assist the Procurement and Logistics Manager in any administrative requirements.
- Assist on weekly and monthly logistics reports preparations.
- Responsible for managing minor office/guest house repairs and payment of utilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- At least BA degree in one of the following field or related: Finance/Accounting, Supply Chain, Business Administration and Management.
- At least 2 years of experience in procurement and logistics and/or Supply Chain.
- Efficient use of MS Excel and Word. Able to develop excel inter-linked worksheets with functions and formula.
- Fluency in English and Arabic.
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills, analytic & pragmatic.
- Working experience with an international organization is an added advantage.
How to apply:
- Interested and qualified individuals are encouraged to send their CV’s in English, to
no later than September 15th 2017.
- The email subject line should include the following position name: Procurement and Logistics Assistant