Wattan is an award-winning, independent, professional media organisation based in Ramallah, Palestine. It was established in 1996 by three civil society organisations. Over the past two decades, Wattan has established itself as an important voice of Palestinian citizens, civil society, marginalized communities and groups, women and, most significantly, youth. Our team of reporters, correspondents, and experts in the West Bank and Gaza provide wide ranging reporting and programming on issues of public concern including sensitive and controversial topics that are rarely covered by mainstream Palestinian media.
Wattan is seeking qualified candidate to fulfil the following full-time vacancy in its Ramallah Office:
Media Project Manager (MPM)
This position supports Production and Programme Units by providing a variety of managerial, reporting, researching, administrative, coordination and donor relations tasks. This includes assisting the general manager, to whom this position reports.
- Manage and coordinate project activities, including financial, administrative and contextual tasks by applying strategic planning and systematic coordination of project activities.
- Manage project development and fundraising strategy design and implementation as requested in particular through conducting research, collecting data, writing project proposals and concept notes.
- Produce project reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or annual basis, as required.
- External and internal English and Arabic communications relating to projects, including but not limited to maintaining donors relations and clients as appropriate.
- Managing schedules, meet the needs of production and program teams’ members on set.
- Maintain project activities’ documentation.
- Manage and coordinate workshops, training, meetings and / or interviews, as required per projects.
- Write, edit, and draft basic project-related documents including info sheets, press releases and other publications.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in media studies, international development, or communication.
- At least 5 years of similar experience in a recognised media organisation and/or international NGO.
- Strong proven knowledge in working with international donor organisations.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English (speaking, reading, writing).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Working knowledge of at least one of Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere, and familiarity with one more professional video editing application is preferable.
- Ability to work well under tight timeframes and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Interested candidates with relevant education and work experience are encouraged to submit their CV, a cover letter and minimum two references with full contact information. Applications should be submitted to
no later than August 20, 2017, please make sure to mention the position name in the subject.