NRC seeks ICLA Project Assistant
Job Title:ICLA Project Assistant
Department/Project No.:Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA)
Job Location: Gaza
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
Job Purpose Summary
ICLA’s project assistant role is to provide support to the implementation of the ICLA project and activities in Gaza.
Project activity planning and implementation
- Responsible for coordinating the drafting of ICLA activity monthly plans;
- Responsible for preparing the ICLA project activities purchase requests (PRs) on a monthly basis in accordance with the ICLA activity monthly plan;
- Responsible for tracking and sending the ICLA team weekly and monthly movements to the NRC Logistics and Security Officer;
- Responsible for collecting and filing the ICLA M&E surveys, questionnaires, pre- and post-tests;
- Provide support in preparing and following up ICLA program spending plan;
- Provide support in preparing and following up ICLA program indicator matrix;
- Responsible for arranging meetings/events, taking minutes and drafting minutes of meetings;
- Keep track of ICLA publications and training materials;
- Provide translation support Arabic-English as needed;
- Report to line management any concerns with safety or security in the implementation of project activities.
- Carry out other relevant project duties as requested by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Competences
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or other related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in project implementation;
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Attributes
- Experience from working in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Relevant work experience in civil society is desirable;
- Experience of liaising with UN, NGOs and partners;
- Experience with computers, particularly Excel and database programmes;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and team work skills
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Good level of English
-Duty station: Gaza based position
-Travel: No travelling required
All NRC employees should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability.
Closing date: 29th December 2016
The Norwegian Refugee Council has 2000 committed and competent employees involved in projects on four continents, to give refugees and internally displaced persons a better life and future. In addition we have one of the world’s largest standby forces with 600 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when crisis occur.