ActionAid is an international organisation, working with over 25 million people in more than 40 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice. ActionAid Palestine is a part of the ActionAid International Federation and ActionAid Australia.
ActionAid is seeking a qualified person to fill the position of Head of Programs for 12 months period (extendable).
The post location is Hebron
Start Date: Immediately
About the position: The Head of Programs is responsible to provide overall leadership, management and coordination of the development, implementation and monitoring of ActionAid Palestine’s programme work in West Bank and Gaza, and actively contribute to realization of the goals of AA Palestine’s country strategy paper.
The key responsibilities for this position will be as follows:
- Actively participate in Senior Management Team (SMT) meetings and contribute to strategic decision making and the overall development of ActionAid Palestine
- Participate in international meetings/workshops or network with regard to projects and programmes, both within and outside ActionAid
- Develop programme and partnership strategy for effective implementation of programmes and projects
- Review and ensure alignment of programme priorities, strategies and plans to the CSP and the broader AAI strategies and plans
- Provide strategic guidance to programme and project staff to develop annual plans and budgets
- Ensure effective implementation of programme and project activities as per plan and budget, and that the desired impact is achieved
- Ensure that ActionAid’s Human Rights Based Approach and women’s rights are integral to AAP’s practice, taking sides with people living in poverty and exclusion
- Contribute to the development, implementation and monitoring of the advocacy plans
- Develop and manage effective relationships with Funding Affiliates, Donors and Programme/Project Partners and other key stakeholders
- Lead in the selection of partners for implementation of programmes and projects
- Coordinate AA Palestine’s collaboration with networks, government agencies and other organizations in order to share information, experiences, influence them and/or build capacity
- Participate and contribute to the identification of program funding gaps, priorities and opportunities
- Lead and/or review the development of concept notes and/or proposals as per donor requirements and aligning with AAP’s CSP
- Participate in identifying and initiating strategic networks and alliances
- Ensure compliance of AAP’s policies and procedures by programme staff
- Lead in the preparation of AAP’s programme budget as per the guidelines to achieve CSP objectives
- Ensure programme expenditure conforms with transparent and accountable practices, is in line with plans and budgets and approve accordingly
- Review and approve partner financial requests
- Track and monitor programme and project budgets and expenditure, monthly acquittals of all projects and analyse variance with budget holders
- Ensure the quality of the programme and project reports and their timely submission as per guidelines and deadlines
- Ensure close coordination and collaboration between the Programme and Child Sponsorship Units to facilitate the timely delivery of CS activities and work plans & monitor the implementation of and reporting on LRP initiatives.
Eligible applicants are required to have the following qualifications and skills:
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in management or any related field
- A minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in position of senior programme management, preferably in the NGO sector
- Ability to think strategically, to delegate where appropriate, to prioritise competing demands, to influence a peer group
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to manage relationships at all levels
- Computer literacy, particularly Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Excellent organizing skills
Indicative salary range: ILS 180,689 to ILS 197,089 gross per annum
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to:
no later than Thursday 24th September 2017 and kindly include the job title in the subject line. Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Women are encouraged to apply.