The Palestinian Circus School is looking to fill a full time position as fundraiser at the PCS in Birzeit,
starting on April 1, 2017. Come and join our great and highly motivated team!!
As a fundraiser you are responsible for raising financial support and other kinds of donations for the circus school. You research funding opportunities, approach donors and follow up on calls for proposals. You set up campaigns, events and develop new ideas to assure the financial sustainability of the organisation. You work in very close coordination with the management for the long term planning and with the entire team on assuring detailed information for all donor reporting.
- Research prospective donors
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies for the organization
- Integrate and accompany all annual and long term planning for PCS based on projections of incomes in close coordination with management and team
- Identify and contact potential donors
- Follow up on calls for proposals
- Follow up on all agreements with all donors
- Ensure that all legal reporting requirements are satisfied
- Create strong fundraising messages that appeal to potential donors
- Organize campaigns or events that will lead to soliciting donations
- Maintain records of donor information for future use
- Evaluate the success of previous fundraising initiatives
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in: cultural or development sector at the level of project management, project coordination, fundraising, monitoring & evaluation and/or a related field
- BA degree in Business Management, Communication, Journalism, English or any other related field. A complementary MA degree in the above mentioned fields (or relevant experience that equals higher education) is an extra.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Civil Society and Cultural field in Palestine and its challenges.
- See short and long term opportunities and understand the dynamic of the entire fundraising process and responsibility
- Have applied knowledge of developmental frames (log frames, indicators, monitoring and evaluation tools, …)
- Proposal writing and presentation experience
- Very strong planning and organizational skills
- The ability to manage multiple priorities with firm deadlines
- Excellent in both English and Arabic; writing and speaking (extra languages are a plus)
- Excellent communication skills; both verbally and in writing
- Team worker
- Understand and apply professional work ethics
- Ability to travel throughout the West Bank (East Jerusalem is a plus) and able to travel abroad when needed.
- Valid driver’s license
Tuesday January 10, 2017
Please send your application to:
Only full applications will be considered (CV + Cover letter)
Only applications that reach us in line with the deadline will be considered