Job title: Expert in Social Business
Project: Let’s Stat Up: inclusive business for Women with Disabilities (WwDs) and Mothers of WWDs in Palestine – AID10927/EDUCAID/TOC
Areas: Ramallah – Nablus – West Bank
Implementing organization: EducAid
Contract Duration: 24 Months with possible extension. Up to 3 months’ probation period
- Promoting inclusive business initiatives through the creation of and the support to social enterprises which will foster employment and self-employment of Women with Disabilities (WWDs) and mothers of Person with Disabilities (PwDs) in the areas of Nablus and Ramallah;
- Enhancing the role of local institutions and Disabled People Organizations (DPOs) as actors in inclusive socio-economic development through their active involvement in the creation of and support to the social enterprises in the areas of Nablus and Ramallah.
Duties & Responsibilities (Job Description)
Working closely with all the Team involved in the project (Project Manager, Administrator, Local partners). Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Experts in Social Business will be responsible for support the Project Manager in the implementation of project activities, according to the schedule defined by the project. In particular s/he will be the focal point for the activities related to the creation of Social Enterprise of WWDs or mothers of PWDs, as well as for the creation of inclusive incubators in the University of Nablus and Ramallah.
S/He will have a strategic role in the project implementation, in cooperation with the project manager and the international experts.
In addition, s/he will support the Project Manager in all the administrative procedures, required by the Donor as well as the fulfillment of administrative procedures required by local authorities (Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Finance, other local authorities).
In particular, the coordinator/logistic officer will:
- Support Educaid staff in the coordination and monitoring of project activities in collaboration and under the supervision of the Project Manager;
- Support the Educaid staff in the organization of expert’s mission
- Support the Project Manager and the Partners in the financial management of project activities on the basis of the budget and the available donor funds;
- Support the creation of start-up of Women with Disabilities (business plans, management of the grant assigned)
- Support the establishment of 2 incubators
- Promote the project among the relevant stakeholders
- Support the project manager in the relation with the relevant Ministries Involved.
- Translate documents and/or prepare the reports on project implementation to be presented to the donor/other partners, and the monthly project activity reports;
- Maintain a high level of collaboration and coordination with all EducAid staff and with the local partner;
- Monthly reports in English are required. Possibility of reporting in Arabic according to request of local authorities;
- In case of impossibility for the Project Manager and EducAid staff to attend activities in the field, ensure the implementation of project activities in strict collaboration with the Project Manager.
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in the social and inclusive business/enterprise.
- Previous experience in support newly established start-up.
- Excellent English skills and research ability
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure and against deadlines
- Excellent ability in dealing with stakeholders
- Knowledge of INGO procedures
- Perfect knowledge of Arabic
- Knowledge of the administrative and security procedures
- A valid Driving license
- Negotiation, and communication skills combined with high degree of patience and cultural sensitivity.
- Familiar with participatory approach
- Work organization skills
- Highly organized and able to work respecting deadlines
- Strong sense of responsibility
Interested applicants must include (a) A curriculum vitae (in English) provided with three references and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English).
Please submit your application by e-mail to
Subject: Expert in Social Business – AID10927/EDUCAID/TOC
to the attention of Mrs. Francesca Annetti, no later than August 31st 2017
We thank all the applicant but please note that only those pre-selected for an interview will be contacted