The Drosos Foundation is a private non-profit organisation based in Switzerland aiming to improve the living conditions of people in difficult circumstances in Switzerland and Germany as well as throughout the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). For more information, visit our website www.drosos.org
To manage our operations in Palestine, we are looking for a
Country Director Palestine
- Establish a branch of the Foundation in Ramallah (incl. registration process)
- Safeguard the interests of the Foundation in Palestine
- Develop, implement and manage the country portfolio in Palestine
- Contribute to the identification, design, proposal, contracting, planning, monitoring, con-trolling and evaluation of projects supported
- Hire and supervise a small team of programme managers (1-2 staff)
- Hire and supervise the financial and administrative staff on the proper operation of the
- Ensure productive relationships with government, international and civil society actors
- Palestinian residence and work permit
- Masters degree or equivalent
- At least 10 years relevant professional experience in areas of development and programme design in Palestine; additional international working experience in the areas of develop-ment and/or private sector appreciated
- Conceptual and analytical skills for developing a complex country portfolio
- Strong working knowledge of English (oral and written) and fluency in Arabic is required
- Deep knowledge of methodologies and tools for planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in the development field
- Advanced leadership and management skills
- Ready to regularly travel within Palestine as well as abroad (mainly Switzerland) .
The position offers an outstanding opportunity to a motivated and entrepreneurial professionalto make a tangible contribution to the development of the large potential of a lean, innovative and dynamic donor organisation in Palestine. The Country Director is based in Ramallah and leads a small team of local professionals. Competitive compensation based on experience. We attach great importance to the development of our employees and support continuing education. The successful candidate is expected to join the Drosos team and start the registration process in Palestine as soon as possible upon agreement.
Your English application, consisting of a letter of motivation and the CV (max. 3 pages), should
be sent in pdf-format to email@example.com . The closing deadline date for application is
12th February 2017.