Job title: Coordinator / Logistic officer
Project: Let’s Stat Up: inclusive business for Women With Disabilities (WWDs) and Mothers of WWDs in Palestine – AID10927/EDUCAID/TOC
Areas: Ramallah – Nablus – West Bank
Implementing organization: EducAid,
Contract Duration: 24 Months with possible extension. Up to 3 months’ probation period
- Promoting inclusive business initiatives through the creation of and the support to social enterprises which will foster employment and self-employment of Women with Disabilities (WWDs) and mothers of People with Disabilities (PWDs) in the areas of Nablus and Ramallah;
- Enhancing the role of local institutions and Disabled People Organizations (DPOs) as actors in inclusive socio-economic development through their active involvement in the creation of and support to the social enterprises in the areas of Nablus and Ramallah.
Duties & Responsibilities (Job Description)
Working closely with all the Team involved in the project (Project Manager, Administrator, expert in Social business, Local partner). Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Logistician/Coordinator Officer will be responsible for support the Educaid Staff in the implementation of project activities, according to the schedule defined by the project.
In addition, s/he will support the Project Manager in all the administrative procedures, required by the Donor as well as the fulfillment of administrative procedures required by local authorities (Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Finance, other local authorities).
In particular, the coordinator/logistic officer will:
- Support Educaid staff in the coordination and monitoring of project activities in collaboration and under the supervision of the Project Manager;
- Transport goods, staff and materials when needed and in accordance with Project Manager indications;
- Support the Educaid staff in the organization of expert’s mission
- Support the Project Manager and the Partners in the financial management of project activities on the basis of the budget and the available donor funds;
- Support the project manager in the relation with the relevant Ministries involved.
- Maintain a high level of collaboration and coordination with all EducAid staff and with the local partner;
- Monthly reports in English are required. Possibility of reporting in Arabic according to request of local authorities;
- Be responsible of the payment of the taxes on a monthly base
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the office (bills payment, cleaning, ordinary maintenance, internet), cars (quotation, ranting payment, cleaning)
- Support Educaid staff in getting quotation and in the relation with suppliers etc
- Insure the follow up of the geo-political and security context and implement the security rules.
- Gather security and safety related information and disseminate this between the Educaid staff
- Advise Country Director on changes in SOPs, routines and other procedures related to security
- Responsible for security management as an advisor to the Country Director and respond to emergency and crises situations where and when needed
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience field coordination and logistic.
- Excellent English skills
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure and against deadlines
- Excellent ability in dealing with stakeholders
- Knowledge of INGO procedures
- Perfect knowledge of Arabic
- Knowledge of the administrative and security procedures
- A valid Driving license
- Negotiation, and communication skills combined with high degree of patience and cultural sensitivity.
- Familiar with participatory and inclusive approach
- Work organization skills
- Highly organized and able to work respecting deadlines
- Strong sense of responsibility
Interested applicants must include (a) A curriculum vitae (in English) provided with three references and (b) a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position (in English).
Please submit your application by e-mail to
Subject: Coordinator / Logistic officer – AID10927/EDUCAID/TOC
to the attention of Mrs. Francesca Annetti, no later than August 31st, 2017
We thank all the applicant but please note that only those pre-selected for an interview will be contacted