Public Relations And Fundraising Officer Vacancy
MUSAWA - The Palestinian Center for the Independence of the Judiciary and the Legal Profession is a neutral, unpartisan and independent Palestinian civil society organization based in Ramallah and Gaza, Palestine. Established in 2002 by lawyers, former judges and human rights activists, MUSAWA is dedicated to defending the independence of the judiciary and the legal profession.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND SPECIFICATIONS:
Title: Public Relations and Fundraising Officer
Reports to: Internal Operations Manager
Location: MUSAWA’s head office in Ramallah
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- To implement the fundraising strategy under the supervision of the Internal Operations Manager;
- Participate in writing the PR department's action plan;
- Participate in representing MUSAWA in local events which are related to donors;
- Establishing and maintaining contact with new and existing donors;
- Identifying new fundraising opportunities;
- Maintaining and expanding MUSAWA's professional network within Palestine and abroad;
- Provide support in the planning and writing reports to donors;
- Develop and write proposals;
- Proofread English publications, memos, press releases etc.;
- Report according to internal reporting system;
- When needed, assist the Program Department in program implementation;
- Any other task assigned by the Internal Operations Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree in social science, communications or any other related field;
- 3-4 years of experience in grant writing and resource development;
- Strong communication skills and relation building skills;
- Strong understanding and previous experience with good governance and human rights donors;
- Previous reporting experience (grant reporting);
- Fluency in English and Arabic (writing and speaking);
- Eye for details;
- Must be able to foster supportive working relationship among all staff.
- Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and Cover Letter (both in English) to
no later than 26 April 2017. Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be considered.