Ajyal Association for Creativity and Development is a Palestinian nongovernmental organization firstly established in 2003 and registered at the Ministry of Interior, no.7329. It mainly aims to contribute in the Palestinian society development through implementing a variety of programs and developing projects. It seeks likewise to develop the concepts of community work according to a vision suits our society needs and to increase the targeted groups awareness and perception to contribute in a real development process to ultimately enhance and develop our society abilities. Ajyal works on four main programs: (Youth, child, woman and humanitarian support).
Catholic Relief Services CRS and Ajyal Association for Creativity and Development will be creating Child Friendly Community Centers in Gaza City. They will target children live in the border areas, which affected from 2014 conflict. The aim of Child Friendly Community Centers is to provide a safe and structured space for children to regain a sense of normality by taking part in regular recreational and cultural activities. This also allows children to improve their emotional, resilience and psychological wellbeing. Activities might include games, life skills, health education, sports, music, art and drama. As well, the centers will target the caregivers of the children and provide them with PSS sessions in order to develop their resilience and wellbeing. AACD is recruiting candidates for the following position; we welcome all applications from qualified and motivated men and women.
Position Title: CFCC Psychologist
Number of positions: 1
Geographic Scope: Ajyal Office, Gaza City
Period: 6 months with possibility of extension for 3 years.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Reports to: CFCC Project Coordinator (Direct) and Executive Director (Indirect)
Supervisory Responsibilities: Site supervisors.
- Gather input for program development and monitoring, rolling out standards, methods and tools.
- Ensure that CFCCs methods and standards for the implementation of PSS programs are developed/revised and remain updated based on programming practice and international standards such as (AISC, Sphere, and psychosocial first aid ..etc.).
- Implement CFCC quality standards and PSS Minimum standards.
- Stimulate and monitor CFCCs programming.
- Suggest modifications of sessions and exercises in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment, based on the feedback from trainees and children.
- Plan, implement and evaluate training courses on PSS CFCCs methodology, which involves creative tools such as games, songs, fine art, audio-visuals, group discussions, demonstrations, and practice sessions with feedback and role-play.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and advice to program staff in the field of CFCCs.
- Provide recommendations to CFCCs management when necessary on recruitment of potential facilitators and animators.
- Conduct field visits, meetings, coordination and networking with parents and the community in order to support the CFCCs activities.
- Fieldwork and intervention with community and parents in times of crises, war and any emergency, according to the international standards of mental health.
- Implement PSS supervision sessions for staff in the CFCCs project when needed.
- Prepare psychological awareness bulletins for parents and community.
- Assessment, open files and provide individual counseling sessions for the cases of children and families align with Mental Health principles and DSM-5 basics. As well having the ability to follow by the referral system and case management.
- Implementation of psychosocial support sessions and awareness for caregivers.
- Perform any other tasks required by CFCCs Management.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- Minimum five years’ experience in the fieldwork, psychosocial approaches, community psycho-education, individual and group counseling.
- Experience in community psycho-education.
- Intensive knowledge of local and international manuals of psychological intervention.
- Experience in working in times of emergency and crisis, and in accordance with local and international standards.
- Strong psychological supervisory skills.
- Excellent reporting and formal writing skills.
- Strong cross-cultural skills and experience working with people from different ethnic/cultural backgrounds.
- Good writing and reporting skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel)
- Good knowledge in Community Mobilization.
- Psychosocial health first aid skills useful.
- Skills in the field coaching and supervision.
- University degree in #Psychology, Mental Health, Nursing, clinical psychology, psychological counseling, or related field.
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment.
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiation skills
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task, and meet deadlines
#HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates can submit the following documents to this Email:
- Cover Letter (ca. 200 words)
- the most recent CV including 3 professional contacts as references.
Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email email@example.com : CFCC Psychologist
Deadline for submitting applications 11/11/2016, no later than 4 p.m at Friday day ..
Only short-listed candidates will be
#Ajyal_AACD. #CFCCs #CRS
08 November 2016